High Winds and Heavy Thunderstorms Could Be On the Way
Could the Hudson Valley experience heavy storms and winds upwards to 60 m.p.h Monday afternoon? Some meteorologists are saying yes.
A High wind Watch is in effect for most of New York state Monday morning until the evening, as wind gusts could reach close to 60 m.p.h. Thunderstorms with heavy rain are expected to move across the area in the afternoon as a storm system approaches the east. the area could see 1 to 2 inches of rain Monday afternoon and evening.
The strong wind guts could lead to damage in the form of down trees and power lines.
Listen to Hopkins in Middays on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie