Former Poughkeepsie School To Be Transformed Into Apartments
Poughkeepsie's revival continues after an announcement that a building that once housed an old school will be transformed into up to 41 new apartments. According to notes from a City of Poughkeepsie Planning Board meeting, Chai Developers, LLC has proposed the plan to move forward on this 28,000 square foot building.
Included in the 41 proposed apartments, 31 would be one bedroom, eight two bedrooms, and two efficiencies. The first two floors would be converted into standard residential units while an existing gym would be turned onto loft-style apartments. The plan calls for an additional 1,200 square foot structure to be built on the roof to house a new gym for residents while the remaining space would be turned into a terrace.
The building is located within the Union Street Historic District but the structure itself is not listed as a contributing building to the district.
What are your thoughts on more apartments being built in the City of Poughkeepsie?
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie