Flu Cases Are On The Rise In New York
It's that time of year when everyone you know is getting sick all the time. And it seems like that number is higher this year than it usually is.
According to Governor Andrew Cuomo, the Department of Health showed a 54% rise in flu cases in New York over just the past week, and over 1600 people have been hospitalized. That's the highest weekly number since 2004.
Over five thousand people have been hospitalized with the flu this season out of more than seventeen thousand cases that have been diagnosed. Cuomo is urging New Yorkers to go out and get their flu shots if they haven't done it yet.
And, do what you can to prevent catching the flu. Wash your hands, use sanitizer, cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, etc. Have you ever seen the movie Contagion? Watch it, get freaked out, then get your flu shot. It'll be good for you and it helps everyone.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie