Dutchess County Man Shot At Store Clerk, Police Say
The 24-year-old man is facing attempted murder charges following an incident at a store in Dutchess County.
On Tuesday, May 7, at approximately 10:48 p.m, a male subject walked into a store located 352 Main Street in Poughkeepsie to make a purchase.
The clerk in the store told the man he was not allowed in the store because on a prior occasion the man had caused a disturbance in the store.
Prior to leaving the store he deliberately knocked over a rack, spilling the contents. As the clerk came around the counter to escort the man out, he pulled a handgun from his person and fired one round at the clerk, narrowly missing him. The man then fled the store.
After an investigation, the man, Nicholas Cato, a 24-year-old city resident, was arrested and charged with Attempted Murder second-degree, and criminal possession of a weapon, both felonies.
He is being held pending arraignment.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie