Did You Know You Can Bring a Turkey On a Plane? The TSA Says You Can!
This is one of the busiest times of year for air travel, and the TSA says it probably will be even busier this year. But if you're flying for Thanksgiving, have you ever wondered what you can and can not bring on a plane? It can get confusing.
Bringing a turkey on a plane may sound crazy for some, but for others it may be their only option. The Transportation Security Administration says you can bring a frozen turkey with you as a carry-on, though make sure any ice packs are completely frozen solid.
What about other foods? The TSA website says solid foods are okay, though canned foods may require some additional screening before boarding. Of course, you'll want to make sure there are no liquids or juices So gravy's out, right? Actually, not quite. The TSA says you can carry up to 3.4 oz.
See their complete list of what you can and can not carry with you.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie