Celebrate Women’s History Month With a Film about H.V. Women
As a woman, I am kind of ashamed to say I did not know that March is Women's History Month. But I know now, and there are plenty of ways to celebrate women right here in the Hudson Valley. In fact, there is even a film all about Hudson Valley Women, and it's being shown on Tuesday, March 19, from 7 - 9 pm at The Idea Garden 346 Broadway in Kingston.
Local filmmaker Stephen Blauweiss presents an evening of his short films featuring past and present female artists and artisans from around the Hudson Valley. The films showcase a wide variety of styles, disciplines, and mediums, including metalsmithing, indoor & outdoor installations, children’s book illustration, painting, photography, glass work and multimedia constructions. Blauweiss has produced over 75 of these artist profiles; 20 have aired on PBS and many have screened at museums and galleries around the country.
This is a free evening honoring and celebrating the talented women of our region. For more information, check out the facebook page.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie