Candlelight Holiday Tours in Orange County
The Friends of Hill-Hold and Brick House Museums will host their annual candlelight tours of Hill Hold Museum on Saturday, Dec. 7 and Sunday, Dec. 8, as well as Saturday, Dec. 14 and Sunday, Dec. 15 from noon to 4PM.
Hill Hold is the historic homestead of Thomas Bull built in 1769. The Colonial-era stone house is never more beautiful than when it’s decorated for the holidays and filled with the aroma of fresh evergreens and wood-burning fireplaces.
Visitors will be transported back in time as they explore the candlelit rooms including the parlor with a tree adorned in mercury glass ornaments and surrounded by a large display of antique toys. The dining room will be set for a traditional Christmas dinner with 19th-century porcelains and volunteers will demonstrate open-hearth cooking in the kitchen.
Children will have an opportunity to visit with Santa, who will be there on Saturday, Dec. 7 and Saturday, Dec. 14, and make a craft. Everyone is invited to enjoy some yuletide treats by the fire after their tour.
Admission is $2 per child and $3 per adult.
For more information about Hill Hold Museum, please contact Orange County Parks at (845) 615-3830 or visit hillholdandbrickhouse.org.
Hill-Hold Museum is located at 128 Route 416 in Hamptonburgh, N.Y.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie