Will the Hudson Valley Have A White Christmas?
Snow on Christmas morning?
If you were to create the perfect Christmas morning it would probably go something like this. You and your family are all in pajamas around the Christmas tree. Fireplace is blazing, everyone has a perfect temperature cup of hot cocoa and there are plenty of wrapped gifts for everyone to tear into but is there fresh snow outside? Snow makes it perfect right?
Are we going to have any fresh snow this year? Maybe?
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the website climate.gov have put together an interactive map that shows the probability of snow on Christmas throughout the United States and if I'm reading it correctly it looks like we might have a chance for a white Christmas.
It looks like in and around the Hudson Valley we have somewhere between 31 and 38 percent chance of fresh powder on 12/25. The further north you go, up towards Albany the percent goes up to somewhere around 50 percent.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie