Holiday Open House in Fishkill
The week between Christmas and the new year can sometimes be very hectic, so it's always nice when there is something festive and relaxing to do. And it's even better when it's free.
On Saturday, Dec. 28, the Fishkill Historical Society will hold a Holiday Open House from 6:30 pm - 9 pm at the Van Wyck Homestead Museum at 504 route 9 in Fishkill. Guests will enjoy mulled cider and other refreshments by the roaring fireplace in the c.1732 kitchen, listen to live music and even be part of a simple 18th Century Country Dance. There will be the annual reading of the poem “A Visit from St. Nicholas”, and plenty of games and crafts for the kids, too. And the whole evening is free to the community.
Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the 21st century, and step back in time, even if it's only for a couple of hours. For more information about the open house Dec. 28 at the Van Wyck Homestead Museum, visit their facebook page.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie