Be a Volunteer for The Walkway Over the Hudson
Imagine being a volunteer at one of the nicest parks in our area. One of the nicest parks in the state, for that matter. The Walkway Over the Hudson is looking for volunteers for the Walkway Ambassador Program, and they're having New Ambassador training on Saturday, March 9, from 9 am - 12:30 pm at the New York State Parks office at 5 Parker Avenue in Poughkeepsie.
As a Walkway Ambassador, you would create a welcoming environment for all visitors and peers, promote safety at all times, provide information and guidance, sell Walkway apparel and souvenirs, lead tours and communicate the work of the organization, and promote membership and volunteer recruitment.
The initial training includes a 3 hour class, on the Walkway training with a mentor, plus an tour at a later date. You will be partnered with a mentor to learn more about your role and how to support the merchandise pavilions. You would start volunteering shortly after the classroom session is over by working with your mentor. Once you complete 10 hours of volunteering, there will be a formal vesting ceremony on the Walkway in May or June.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie