Are Pinball Machines Still Illegal in Beacon?
Pinball machines, illegal? You are scratching your head, right? Yes, there is a law on the books in the City of Beacon that says it is illegal to operate a pinball machine. Yes, this is 2018 and this might sound a bit ridiculous, but it is a law that could get you jail time or a fine of $1000 per day, for breaking the law.
The only change that I can find to this law is an allowance for 'vintage' machines. Here is what that law allows, pinball machines do come under the umbrella term of amusement devices as defined by the City of Beacon laws.
The law does allow for 'vintage amusement devices that were built prior to the year 1980 or noncomputerized devices with the exception of first generation computerized games such as those manufactured prior to 1990.'
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie