80s Skating Party To Benefit Sparrow’s Nest
Do you love to roller skate? The Foodstock Fund and Hyde Park Roller Magic on Route 9 are hosting Wheels for Meals, an 80s themed roller skating party to benefit the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon team for Sparrow's Nest, on Saturday, June 22nd from 5 - 7 pm.
Sparrow’s Nest of the Hudson Valley provides meals to the families of people diagnosed with cancer. It was created in 2012, and has fed thousands of people since it began. According to founder Krista Jones, Sparrow's Nest is about providing homemade dinners to families who have no time to cook and giving recipients precious time to focus on their families. It is about giving these families some normalcy, when nothing seems normal at all.
Wheels for Meals Skating Party is only $20 for adults, $10 for children 12 and under. Price includes 2 hours of skating, skate rental, one raffle ticket, one 50/50 ticket, and your favorite 80s music all evening. You might even get to meet some of the Roller Derby girls, the Hudson Valley Horrors! For more information, check out the event facebook page.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie