Sparrow’s Nest Virtual Superhero 5k
I've talked about Sparrow's Nest in the past and I will continue talking about them. That's because they are one of my favorite local charities. Sparrow's Nest is a Hudson Valley organization that provides meals to families of caregivers dealing with a cancer diagnosis. Caregivers diagnosed with any cancer that requires chemo, radiation or surgery qualify. It was created in 2012, and has fed thousands of people since it began.
This year Sparrow's Nest, like so many other charitable organizations, has to deal with a pandemic and get clever about fund raising. Sparrow's Nest is hosting a Virtual Superhero 5k. You choose the location, the time and the day, anytime between now and June 7. Once you are registered, print your bib and choose who you walk/run for, download FB profile banner for bragging rights and feel good about feeding a family facing a cancer diagnosis while keeping your own family active.
- 7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call-In Contest
- The 11 Biggest Celebrities Born in the Hudson Valley
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
Movies + TV Shows Filmed in the Hudson Valley