Sparrow’s Nest Superhero 5k Sept. 8
I've talked about Sparrow's Nest in the past and I will continue talking about them. That's because they are one of my favorite local charities. Sparrow's Nest is a Hudson Valley organization that provides two meals, once a week, to the families of caregivers diagnosed with cancer. Caregivers diagnosed with any cancer that requires chemo, radiation or surgery qualify. It was created in 2012, and has fed thousands of people since it began.
On Sunday, Sept. 8, Sparrow's Nest will host their Superhero 5k at James Baird State Park in Pleasant Valley from 9 am - 12 noon. Your entry fee will provide a family diagnosed with cancer a warm meal during a difficult time. Dress in costume. Partake in games. Enjoy delicious, farm fresh breakfast sandwiches. It's a timed race, starting at 9 am sharp. Warm up with All Sport Health and Fitness. It's a family friendly day for a great cause.
For more information about the Superhero 5k, or to learn about Sparrow's Nest and their mission, visit their website.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie