5 Ways To Beat The Heat In The Hudson Valley
You may have noticed that it's very hot right now. It would be difficult not to. When I woke up in a pool of sweat this morning because I'm too cheap to buy an air conditioner, I thought to myself, "There has to be a better way!" like I was in an old Sears commercial or something.
And there does have to be a better way. But if you're like me and you're too cheap to just go ahead and buy an air conditioner, it might be tough to find one. Luckily, I got you covered. Here are five ways you can beat the heat in the Hudson Valley.
1. Splashdown Beach - We've got our own water park right on Route 9. This should absolutely be your first move, think about how amazing a water slide feels when it's nearly 100 degrees outside.
2. Lake Taghkanic - Likewise, right off of the Taconic State Parkway, we've got a great lake and beach area, with plenty of shade over the picnic tables and grills.
3. Lake Minnewaska - This is a little tougher, because you have to hike up to the lake, which you might not want to do in the heat. But the lake is great, and totally worth it.
4. Go To A Movie Theater. They Have Air Conditioning! - I go to the movies a lot, and I go even more in the summer. Just stay at the movies all day and you can be nice and cool, sit in a comfy seat, and catch up on your summer viewing.
5. Just Go Jump In The Hudson River - Go ahead. Do it, you coward!