You Might Be on a New Grateful Dead Reissue
One thing you have to admit about Grateful Dead fans. They’re very loyal. I know because I have known many Dead Heads through the years. I’ve even been known to own 1 or 2 or 10 Grateful Dead albums. And maybe I’ve seen them a few times myself.
Back in the 1960s and 70s, which was before my concert days thank you, die-hard fans would follow The Dead around the country. And I guess many still did up until Jerry Garcia’s death. Anyway, even if you didn’t follow them from state to state, if they were in the area Grateful Dead fans were there. Which is why you might very well be on a new 50th anniversary reissue of the iconic Workingman’s Dead album. The reissue is going to include a Dead concert from a show at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester on Feb. 21, 1971. Think back. Were you at that show?
The reissue is scheduled to be released in July. Even if you’re a Grateful Dead fan that wasn’t at that particular concert this is going to be a great addition to your music library. If you’re not familiar with The Dead this is a good album to introduce yourself to their music. And if you were at that show, share your story, I’d love to hear it.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- 7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call-In Contest
- The 11 Biggest Celebrities Born in the Hudson Valley
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie