USNS Comfort Medical Ship Arrives in NYC
On March 30, Environmental Conservation Officers assisted in the escort of the USNS Comfort into New York Harbor.
The 1,000-bed hospital ship has 12 fully equipped operating rooms and will significantly increase New York's hospital surge capacity during the State's response to the COVID-19 public health crisis.
As of Thursday, April 2, New York City has 48,462 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and just under 1,400 deaths related to coronavirus.
The USNS Comfort will be docked at Pier 90 on Manhattan's West Side and provide surgeries and other medical care to patients who are not infected with the coronavirus to free up intensive care unit beds at New York hospitals.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie