Uber Driver Assaulted With Seat Belt By Passenger on the Palisades Parkway, Police Say
This has got to be one of the worst things imaginable for any Uber, Lyft, or taxi service driver. You just never know who's getting into your vehicle sometimes.
LoHud is reporting that a 21-year-old Uber driver was assaulted by his passenger along the Palisades Parkway Friday night. According to LoHud, there doesn't seem to be any actual reason or motive for the attack either. The attacker's weapon of choice? Police say the 44-year-old suspect from Stony Point in Rockland County hit and choked the younger driver with a seat belt.
Police say the attack happened in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
The driver was luckily able to stop along the parkway to alert a police officer who was conducted an unrelated traffic stop.
LoHud reports that the suspect was arrested and faces charges including aggravated assault and resisting arrest, The victim was taken by EMTs and then released.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie