Two Men From New York Plan To Break Charcuterie Board World Record
For some, a decent charcuterie board is one of the most important things to have for your party or get together. Some real quality cured meat and cheese can make a get together better, or at least give you a place to duck out if you don't feel like being around some of the other people.
Now, imagine one that's almost the length of a football field. Why? Well, why the hell not?
Syracuse.com is reporting that two men originally from Herkimer County plan on creating the world's longest charcuterie board on a baseball field in Little Falls, NY. The event is scheduled for September 13. If it goes as planned, the board full of meat, cheese, and other finger foods will stretch from home plate to the middle of center field. Quite the sight, we imagine.
Both men currently work in the Albany area, and run a Facebook group called 315 Foodies. Now, if you're wondering where all the food will come from, Syracuse.com says that as many restaurants in that area of New York state as possible are welcome to participate.
There are some guidelines though. The Guinness Book of World Records says that this charcuterie board must include five types of meat, two types of cheese, two types of fruit and two types of fruit spreads. According to Guinness, the current world record holder for longest board is 150.05 feet, and was achieved September 24, 2019 in Chicago.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie