Truck Protest to Bring I-84, Other Local Roads to a Crawl Friday
A huge protest of tractor trailer drivers promises to bring Hudson Valley roads to a stop on Friday.
Thousands of truckers are planning a shutdown of roads to protest regulations and policies that they say are unfair.
Hudson Valley traffic reporter, Nancy Reamy, says that the protest is scheduled to begin at 10am on I-84 in the Hudson Valley and extend to other roads. The protest is part of the "black smoke matters" movement. According to CDL Life, truckers are demanding updated driver training, more safety standards and a bigger voice in establishing future trucking regulations.
Expect the trucks to start their protest at 10am on I-84 at exit 5. The big slow-down will continue down 684 to 287 and across the George Washington Bridge.
In October the group protested in Washington DC, shutting down a portion of I-95.
Be sure to stay tuned for live updates throughout the day and download the WPDH app for up to the second traffic alerts and information on road closures.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie