Tiger At Bronx Zoo Tests Positive For COVID-19
So, humans are not the only ones who can contract COVID-19? it appears so. The Wildlife Conservation Society's Bronx Zoo says a tiger tested positive for COVID-19 Sunday. News 12 says a 4 year-old female Malayan tiger named Nadia tested positive for the virus.
The Bronx Zoo says that Nadia along with her sister, two other tigers, and three African lions had "developed a dry cough and all are expected to recover."
We tested the cat out of an abundance of caution and will ensure any knowledge we gain about COVID-19 will contribute to the world’s continuing understanding of this novel coronavirus,
The Bronx Zoo also added:
...no evidence that any person has been infected with COVID-19 in the U.S. by animals, including by pet dogs or cats.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie