The 7th Annual Veteran Arts Showcase this Weekend
Artists, crafters, writers, poets, musicians and performers with military backgrounds will be showing their work during the 7th Annual Veteran Arts Showcase this Friday, Nov. 22 through Sunday, Nov. 24 at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library in Hyde Park.The event is a celebration of veterans and the arts, and how arts heal. Throughout the weekend, visitors will be able to experience a variety of multiple arts that touch connections to war and community.
There will exhibits all weekend, and on Saturday, Nov. 23, from 6:30 - 8PM there will be a viewing of the documentary 'Why Can't We Serve' followed by a Q and A with a panel of veterans. The documentary centers on disabled veterans and the ongoing crisis of veteran suicide. The showing is free and open to the public. Saturday will also feature a free Writers Workshop for veterans and military families. Community members are invited to an “Open Jam” with veteran musicians from 4 - 6PM.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie