Surprise! New York is Awful For Military Retirees
According to recent study, New york seems to be one of the worst states for military retirees.
With May being Military Appreciation Month and significant military pension changes having taken effect last year, a recent study was conducted to determine the best and worst states for military retirees,
To help our troops plan their years after service, Wallethub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 29 key indicators of retirement-friendliness toward veterans. The data set ranges from job opportunities for veterans to housing affordability to quality of VA hospitals.
New York isn't good for anybody's retirement years, especially military retirees. New was ranked as the 4th worst state for military retirees according to this study. Here's the breakdown.
Military Retirement in New York:
- 51st - Veterans per Capita
- 32nd - % of Homeless Veterans
- 48th - Veteran Job Opportunities
- 49th - Housing Affordability
- 51st - % of Veteran-Owned Businesses
- 38th - Number of VA Benefits-Administration Facilities per Number of Veterans
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie