‘Sopranos’ Actor Working at Wappingers Sandwich Shop This Weekend
You may see a familiar face while ordering your turkey sandwich this weekend.
A star of the acclaimed HBO series, The Sopranos, will be spending two days in the Village of Wappingers Falls. No, he's not looking for someone to whack. He'll be greeting customers at the village's newest sandwich shop.
Joseph Gannascoli played Vito Spatafore, one of Tony Soprano's soldiers who took out Jackie Aprile, Jr. in season 3. Spatafore rose to Capo but eventually had to flee after his sexual orientation was discovered by his fellow mafia members.
Gannascoli will be at Mario's Sandwich Shop on Market Street on February 22 and 23 starting at 12:30 pm each day. The actor will be meeting and greeting fans and helping to judge the store's cannoli eating contest.
Besides getting autographs and photos with the Sopranos star, customers will be able to enjoy some special menu items inspired by the HBO series. Mario's Sandwich Shop has teased that there will be a special "Johnny Cakes" sandwich special, as well as house-made focaccia, mozzarella, and "of course gabagool."
For more details about Gannascoli's appearance, you can visit Mario's Sandwich Shop's Facebook page.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie