Remembering Stevie Ray Vaughan
I remember it like it was yesterday, but unbelievably it was 29 years ago. It was on this day, Aug. 27, back in 1990 that Stevie Ray Vaughan died in a tragic plane crash. It was a horrible day in rock and roll.
Stevie Ray Vaughan was at the height of his career with a great future ahead of him. he could play guitar like nobody's business. And I got to meet him here at the radio station when he was first starting out. What a nice guy. Talented, yet very humble. He is sorely missed.
Sometimes I think about what could have become of Stevie had he lived longer. He was such a great guitar player, would he have gotten even better? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but sadly we'll never find out.
So, enjoy a little Stevie Ray today. And take heart, he's in great company up there in Rock and Roll Heaven. Thanks, Stevie, for the amazing music you brought to us. You will live on forever.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie