Radio Listeners Raise Over 10,000 Meals For Hudson Valley Hungry
It's a new record, and one that will make a big difference to thousands of Hudson Valley families.
The Boris & Robyn Show on 101.5 WPDH brought the annual Tanks-Giving Food Drive local gas stations throughout the Hudson Valley. During a live broadcast at each location, listeners were invited to stop by with a non-perishable food donation in exchange for a chance to win a year's supply of free gas.
The turnout was more than anyone anticipated.
Generous WPDH listeners brought in a literal ton of food. Over 2,000 lbs of non-perishable items were donated. In addition, $2,326.38 in cash donations were also collected for the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley. These donations will supply an incredible 10,981 meals to people right here in our region.
On Monday morning the grand prize winner was announced. Lori Villalobos from Fishkill will receive a year supply of free gas.
Carol Griffin from the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley says that all of the donations received will be used to provide food for thousands of Hudson Valley neighbors in need. And it's not too late to give. If you'd like to contribute to the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley, you can find out more information about ways you can help on their website.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie