Pier 1 Imports To Close Hudson Valley Location
Pier 1 Imports will close one of their three Hudson Valley stores as the company looks to turn business around. The Town of Ulster location will close on Wednesday, February 26th according to the Daily Freeman.
Located in the Ulster Crossing Plaza, 'Store Closing' signs were spotted in the window Monday. The Freeman reports the store employs around 15 people but only a few are considered full-time employees.
The news comes as part of an announcement to close up to 450 of its 950 Pier 1 stores in the US and Canada. CNBC recently reported the company has lost money in eight quarters in a row. In addition to store closures, Bloomberg reports the company will be firing around 40% of its executive staff or around 300 people.
You can find additional Hudson Valley Pier 1 locations in Poughkeepsie and Middletown.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie