Oscar Winner Witnesses Wig-Pulling Fight at Hannaford in Kingston
An Academy Award winning actress was in the checkout line at Hannaford's in Kingston when a full-out brawl went down.
Rachel Weisz and her husband, actor Daniel Craig, are Ulster County residents. The sophisticated couple is known for rubbing elbows with movie stars at fancy galas, not throwing down with Hudson Valley shoppers in the supermarket. But that's exactly what happened when Weisz was grocery shopping in Kingston.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, in 2008 the couple paid over two million dollars for a 1785 stone house on 124 acres in Marbletown. So it's not unusual to see celebrities like Weisz and Craig out and about in the Hudson Valley, especially around the Kingston area where they come to run necessary errands from their nearby home in the country.
According to Page Six, Weisz was recently out doing some grocery shopping when things got a little out of control. The Oscar winner witnessed two other shoppers at the Hanaford's supermarket arguing over their "baby-daddy." The disagreement turned into a full-out brawl that continued up and down the shopping aisles. Things only got worse when one of the women yanked off the wig of the other.
It's unclear if Weisz was at the Hannaford's on Ulster Avenue or at the Kingston Plaza when she witnessed the hair-raising incident. But one thing's for certain; she will not soon forget her experience in the checkout line.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie