Orange County K-9 Passes Away
The Orange County Sheriff's Office announced the loss of one of their members earlier this week.
On Tuesday, September 3rd the Orange County Sheriff's Office released a statement to their Facebook page regarding K-9 Tok. Sadly, Tok has passed away.
According to the press release, Tok was suffering from an aggressive form of cancer. In a statement, Sheriff Carl DuBois said "Thank you Tok for your dedicated service to the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the citizens of the County of Orange and the State of New York. Rest easy good boy."
K-9 Tok joined the Orange County Sheriff's Office in 2013. Tok's services were used several times, two of which where he saved the lives of others. Most notably when he located a suicidal person holding a knife.
Our deepest sympathies go out to the Orange County Sheriff's Office and Tok's handler Deputy Sheriff Daniel Volpe.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie