NYS Thruway to Re-Do All 27 Rest Stops
Your bathroom breaks and quick snacks on road trips are about to get a facelift on the New York State Thruway.
WGRZ reports that on Wednesday, November 20, 2019, the New York State Thruway Authority announced it is accepting requests for proposals to overhaul the 27 rest stops along the highway. The New York State Thruway is a 570-mile highway system.
According to WGRZ, Governor Andrew Cuomo has had the goal of revamping the Thruway rest stops for a long time. This goal was announced during his State of the State address in January 2019. Cuomo and state officials are hoping to redevelop the outdated service areas inside and out.
The upgrades will use energy-efficient building systems and alternative energy sources, according to WGRZ. New York State also hopes to expand truck parking and amenities for commercial drivers. There will also be charging stations for electronic vehicles. The food and beverage options will also be upgraded, which has been a big wish for commuters and drivers.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie