NY Cafe Has the Most Expensive Grilled Cheese on the Planet
Sweet baby cheeses, it's hard to believe that there's a New York restaurant that prides itself on having the most expensive grilled cheese in the world. If you're thinking that it's just cheese and bread, you'd be wrong.
If someone made you a grilled cheese sandwich and then gave you a $200 check you would most likely ask if it was dipped in gold. They'd say yes. That's just how this special menu item is made at Serendipity 3 in New York City.
According to CNBC, it's the most expensive grilled cheese known to man.
Their grilled cheese sandwich is served with an extremely rare cheese called aciocavallo podolico and then baked on an expensive french bread crusted with 24 karat gold. It's also baked with aged Dom Perignon.
The sandwich is then paired with a lobster bisque. For dessert, you get a sundae topped with a gold leaf.
Who's in? A more important question is, who's buying?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie