New York Residents Set a Rather Unusual World Record For St. Patrick’s Day
A meteorologist from the Southern Tier had a plan for St. Patrick's day and it involved a giant shamrock. Anthony Chiavaroli of WENY TV wanted to bring the people in the Elmira area together as a community and have a little fun in the process.
WHAM says 1,200 people dressed in green ponchos and form the shape of a giant shamrock. They had to hold the shamrock together for five minutes in order for it to count.
This breaks the record previously held in Dublin,Ireland who had 851 people in their human shamrock. However, it doesn't look like they're stopping here. WNBG says that the Elmira area plans on coming out again next year, and hopes to top 2,000 participants.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie