New York Is Still In The Running For Amazon’s Second Headquarters
Cities all over have bid for Amazon to use them for their second North American headquarters (HQ2), and Amazon just narrowed down the list. Towns even in the Hudson Valley were fighting to be the newest location.
Thursday, Jan. 18, Amazon released their list of the 20 finalists for HQ2 locations. New York City was one of the lucky 20 that were selected. Other cities include Boston, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Toronto. Seattle is the location of the first North American Amazon headquarters, which they estimate added $38 billion to the city's economy.
Amazon is planning to invest $5 billion in HQ2 for it to be up to the same standards as their Seattle location. This investment will also create 55,000 high paying jobs, according to the release. In addition to the hiring of Amazon employees, the construction of the building is expected to create over 10,000 of additional jobs and over $10 billion in additional investment in the community.
Amazon is expected to make the decision sometime in 2018.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie