Man Slashed at Middletown Nightclub, Police Say
A man suffered a large laceration to his head during the late-night hours this past weekend.
On Saturday morning, September 21, at approximately 3:20 a.m. New York State Police and the Town of Wallkill Police Department responded to VYBZE, a nightclub located 360 Route 211 West in the town of Wallkill for a report of an assault.
Responding patrols located a male subject with a large laceration to the right side of his head. An investigation undertaken by State Police led to the arrest of a male subject who was located hiding in the woods off Carpenter Ave.
Barry Cooper, 26 of Middletown, N.Y. was charged with assault second-degree and criminal possession of a weapon third-degree, both felonies.
He was arraigned in the Town of Wallkill Court and remanded to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond.
VYBZ is the site of the former JD’s Sports Lounge where State Police investigated a shooting in April, 2018
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie