Man Rescued After Boat Capsizes in Hudson River
A man was rescued after his boat capsized in the Hudson River.
On Thursday, August 8, 2019 at approximately 6:00 p.m., the Dutchess County 911 Center received a report of a capsized sailboat on the Hudson River off the Town of Hyde Park shoreline.
911 public safety dispatchers activated the River Response Plan and dispatched the Roosevelt Fire Department, Mobil Life Support Services, Hyde Park Police and rescue boats from the New Hamburg Fire Department and the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie