Make $50K Per Year or Less? You Should Leave the Hudson Valley
First off, I want to just say that I absolutely love it here in the Hudson Valley but it is expensive to live here. People are leaving in droves. Do you make enough money to live here? Despite my love for the Hudson Valley, this may not be the best place to live.
Some say if you make less than $50,000 a year you should move to one specific city in New York. Your money will stretch even further there.
I don't want to get too personal, but how much money do you make per year? According to the Department of Numbers, the average median income in New York state is around $64,000. Do you make significantly less that?
According to New York Upstate, there is a list of cities where your income will go further. The study was conducted all over the country but the highest ranking city in New York state was Buffalo.
The cost of living and taxes are all cheaper in Bills territory.
Just be careful before you pack up the U-Haul truck. Buffalo saw some of the most snow.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie