Macy’s to Stop Selling Fur
The change will start at the end of 2020.
If you are in the market for a real fur coat or a place to store your furs, you will soon need to take Macy's off of your list of places to shop at as according to WTEN, Macy's, Bloomingdale's and the Macy's Outlet stores will discontinue selling real fur by the end of its fiscal year 2020, which should end in early 2021.
The company also announced that they will be closing their fur salons and their fur vaults, where people pay to have the fur safely stored.
Macy’s CEO Jeff Gennette told WTEN, that company representatives have regularly met with the Humane Society of the United States and other non-governmental groups in coming to the decision to stop storing and selling real fur.
They also said that the Macy’s store label brands are already fur free and that the rise of new fabric technology like faux fur will make the transition easier for the company.
Macy’s isn't the first company to go fur free as other companies like Ralph Lauren and Burberry recently dropped real fur as well.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie