Lower Hudson Valley Resort Closing, 275 Workers Losing Jobs
It's never good news when a business closes down, but when that business employees 275 local workers, it makes the news even worse. Unfortunately, those local employees found out over the holidays that they will all need to find new jobs in 2020.
The Doral Arrowwood Resort filed notice that it would be closing on January 12. The 473,000-square-foot conference resort is located in Rye Brook, just four miles from the Westchester Airport.
The luxury resort features a golf course, pond, and plenty of extra amenities for their upscale guests. The Doral Arrowwood's website also boasts a fine dining restaurant and English style pub.
Reservations are still available to book through this weekend for just $99 a night, but all check-outs must be made by Monday, January 6. According to a filing with the State of New York, the Doral Arrowwood is closing due to "loss of funding." It's unclear what the future of this sprawling property will be but for now, it's expected to be shuttered later this month after all of the employees are laid off.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie