Is it Illegal to Bury Your Pet in the Backyard in New York?
Have you ever thought about whether or not you're allowed to bury your pet in your backyard? Or maybe you haven't even given it a second thought. Here is the situation: your beloved pet passes away, be it a dog, cat, goldfish, ferret, etc, what do you do? Can you put them in a shoe box and bury them with a full funeral procession in the back yard?
The answer to the question is yes, but can you do it legally? The legality of the issue comes down to your town or municipality laws. It is legal, however, for you to have the remains of your pet buried with you at the time of your passing.
Do you bury your pet in the backyard anyway?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie