Is Blockbuster Video Opening in Dutchess County?
If you were driving on Route 9 in Wappingers on Tuesday April 9th and passed by the Kohl's Plaza you may have seen what looked like a new store front. It looked like this:
You're definitely seeing that right. Blockbuster Video has finally made its way back to the Hudson Valley!
Okay, so that's not true. However, we believe that this happens to be a set for the new upcoming HBO series "I Know This Much is True" starring Mark Ruffalo. We've reached out to Hudson Valley Film Commission for confirmation.
While we wait, we can only use what we've seen to draw our own conclusion. News has floated around that "I Know This Much is True" will take place during different time periods between the 1920s and 1990s.
As we know Blockbuster was huge in the 80s and 90s. So we're this scene takes place during that time frame. Plus, there were a few cars that look like they were dated from that period of time.
Hundreds of Hudson Valley resident turned up back in March for an open casting call for extras. Filming has just started around Ulster and Dutchess County and should continue through September around the Hudson Valley.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie