Illuminate the Walkway in Honor of Memorial Day
Building on the Memorial Day Eve ceremony hosted by the Dutchess County Division of Veterans Services since 2012, on Sunday, May 26, the Walkway Over the Hudson is joining with veterans organizations from Dutchess and Ulster Counties to host a moving sunset flag changing ceremony at 7:30 pm. The Walkway open to the public until 10:15 pm for Walkway at Night.
Throughout the event, the whole span of the Walkway Over the Hudson will be lined with thousands of paper lanterns honoring loved ones and those that have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our nation. For complete information and to purchase your luminaries, visit walkway.org/illuminatethewalkway.
The flag changing will proceed rain or shine. The rain date for the luminaries and Walkway at Night is Thursday, May 30. If you have any questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the Illuminate the Walkway event on May 26, visit the event facebook page or the Walkway Over the Hudson website.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie