Hudson Valley Man Arrested After Police Say He Passed School Bus
Illegally passing a school bus is very dangerous, especially when it's snowing.
According to police, that's exactly what Mark Crispino did in February. Police say the 55-year old man passed a school bus on the right-hand side while two children were exiting the bus on the same side.
Video surveillance from the bus shows a black sedan dangerously zipping by the bus, without any regard for the safety of the students who were being dropped off. Unfortunately, because of the snowy conditions, the license plate of the car was illegible.
State Police in Columbia County conducted an extensive investigation and determined that the car belonged to Crispino, who resides in Stuyvesant. He was charged with vehicle and traffic violations including Reckless Endangerment in the 2nd degree, Reckless Driving, Imprudent Speed, Failure to Stop for a School Bus, and Improper Passing on the Right.
The man is scheduled to appear at Stockport Court on March 18 to face the charges.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie