Hudson Valley-Made Movie Set To Premiere Nationally Friday
A movie filmed primarily in the Hudson Valley starring Seann William Scott and executive produced by Keanu Reeves will debut in theaters nationwide on Friday.
This is not the typical role you'd expect from Scott who is often remembered as the lovable Stiffler from the American Pie movie franchise. According to Variety, in Already Gone, he plays an abusive stepfather who tries to pimp out his girlfriend.
The movie also stars Shiloh Fernandez, Justin Skye, and Tyler Dean Flores. The Hudson Valley Film Commission reports, it was directed by Chris Kenneally and was filmed on location in the Town of Ulster, Woodstock, Kingston, and Saugerties. More than 90 local crew were hired and they stayed in the Residence Inn by Marriot Kingston, Holiday Inn Express along with a number of local Airbnbs.
Kenneally had some nice things to say about his experience in the area. Almost Gone was known by the code name 'Green Dolphin' when filming locally.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie