Hudson Valley Honor Flight Seeks Veterans for Spring Flights
Hudson Valley Honor Flight is seeking veterans for its two spring flights taking place on Saturday, May 2 and Saturday, May 30.
The May 2 flight will depart from New York Stewart International Airport and the May 30 flight will depart from Westchester County Airport. Flights take veterans on an all-expenses-paid trip to visit our nation’s war memorials in Washington D.C.
Veterans will travel in comfort and safety aboard a fleet of chartered deluxe buses while in D.C. for the daylong tour and fly back to New York that evening.
All area World War II, Korean War, Cold War and Vietnam veterans who have not previously taken part in a Hudson Valley Honor Flight are eligible to participate.
In addition, veterans who served in the time between World War II and the Korean War are eligible to participate. Currently, Vietnam veteran applicants will be placed on a waiting list. Applications can be found online at www.hvhonorflight.com
Hudson Valley Honor Flight (HVHF) is a local nonprofit based in Walden which honors Hudson Valley area veterans for all their sacrifices by bringing them to Washington, D.C. to visit their respective war memorials at no cost to them.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie