How Many Sunny Days does New York Have Every Year?
It feels like we haven't felt the sun in days here in the Hudson Valley.
I think we could all agree that it's been a rough introduction to Spring. Summer is about a month away, but with the rain and cooler temperatures, it has felt more like November than May.
Hopefully, that's all behind us now.
With that being said, I came across a website that has determined how many sunny days we actually get here in the great state of New York.
Unfortunately, it isn't specific to the Hudson Valley, but it does show us data from NYC, Rochester and Buffalo. So we'll say we're somewhere in between.
According to Current Results Weather and Science Facts, New York averages 2535 sunny hours in a year and averages at 107 clear days. The site says they calculated hours of sunshine averages from 1961 to 1990.
Here's to more clear, sunny days in the Hudson Valley.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie