Five Guys Restaurant on Route 9 Closes With No Warning
Hudson Valley customers were taken by surprise this week when they arrived at Five Guys to find out that it was closed.
While this might be great news for your new year's resolution, burger fans can't be happy to find out that one of the Hudson Valley's most popular restaurants is closed this month. Windows of the Poughkeepsie Five Guys are covered in black plastic and the door is locked.
Customers we've spoken with blindsided by the closure. Even organizers of a charity event scheduled at the Poughkeepsie Five Guys on Tuesday were unaware the restaurant was closed, scrambling to move the event to the still-open Fishkill location further down Route 9.
While the lack of Five Guys shakes, burgers and fries is sending fast food fanatics into a panic, there is actually some good news. It looks as though this is not a permanent closure. Building, plumbing and heating permits are posted at the front door along with a sign that says "re-opening soon."
A call to the Fishkill Five Guys confirmed that the Poughkeepsie location is currently being remodeled. When asked if the business was expected to reopen soon, an employee indicated that the restaurant will most likely be closed all month. The Poughkeepsie restaurant did not indicate on their Facebook page when the remodel would be complete. Instead, there's a message stating that they'll "be right back" with a "shiny, new, even more awesome experience."
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie