Fatal Motorcycle Crash in Ulster County
On July 18, at approximately 08:39 am, Saugerties Police responded to a reported motorcycle crash on Blue Mountain Road in the Town of Saugerties.
Preliminary investigation by police detectives established that 51-year-old Tracy L. McGinnis of Ruby N.Y. was operating a 1993 Harley Davidson motorcycle Southbound on Blue Mountain Road when McGinnis failed to negotiate a curve on the roadway.
McGinnis traveled off the west shoulder of the roadway striking an earth embankment, causing the motorcycle to go airborne, throwing McGinnis form the motorcycle.
McGinnis sustained fatal injuries in the crash and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Saugerties Police were assisted at the scene by the Centerville Cedar Grove Fire Department, DIAZ Ambulance and the Ulster County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie