Over $20,000 Stolen From Dutchess County Animal Rescue
A local animal rescue discovered this week that they were robbed.
Compassionate Animal Rescue Efforts of Dutchess County, CARE of DC, shared shocking news on their Facebook page on January 27th. The local animal rescues checking account was hacked.
It's being reported that $23,477.79 was stolen out of the account.
CARE of DC said in a statement "We don't know how or why someone would do this to an animal rescue, we only know that it happened." They also add that this will affect them in the future as they have committed to taking in "close to 100 dogs and cats in the next 4 weeks."
Without these funds, the organization might have to refuse the incoming rescues.
The CARE of DC staff has been working with the local Sheriff's Department to figure out how and why this happened.
For more details about CARE of DC you can visit their Facebook page.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie