Delays After Amtrak Train Catches On Fire in New Hamburg
An Amtrak train caught on fire late Monday night, causing delays on the Metro-North line to Poughkeepsie.
At around 10pm on Monday night Metro-North announced that a disabled Amtrak train was causing delays between Poughkeepsie and Grand Central Terminal. Soon after, Amtrak announced that their train schedule was affected due to "fire department activity."
It turns out that the activity was actually an Amtrak train that had caught fire near New Hamburg..No information was given about the cause of the fire, but Amtrak passengers heading through the area were forced to take alternate transportation.
Metro-North was experiencing delays up to 20 minutes on Monday evening as fire crews attended to the train. As of Tuesday morning, all trains are back on schedule.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie