Cops: Fugitive Was Hiding in Poughkeepsie Apartment
Neighboring apartments had to be evacuated as police attempted to take the man into custody.
At approximately 7PM Monday, Town of Poughkeepie Police responded to Mountain Brook Estates on Innis Avenue after receiving information that a subject wanted out of Cheshire County, N.H., for armed robbery was seen in one of the apartments.
After responding officers confirmed the subject's presence, the building was secured and neighboring apartments were evacuated.
Authorities attempted to make phone contact with the subject, but were unsuccessful. Officers made entry to the apartment and arrested the man without incident.
Joseph M. Crocco, 42, of Poughkeepsie was arrested and charged with being a fugitive from justice.
Crocco was arraigned in Dutchess County Court and remanded to Dutchess County Jail to await extradition.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie